Sunday, August 8, 2010

Moving


Ever tried to move to a different state, find a job and finish writing a thesis at the same time? I don't suggest it.

This month I am moving from my apartment in downtown Savannah, GA to the north side of Austin, TX. I am very excited about moving, but I couldn't have picked a worse time to do it. As I have mentioned in a previous post I am almost done my last quarter of school. The last day of the quarter is August 28th. Our move is scheduled for August 16th - 18th. With all the packing and unpacking happening before and after those days. You might think that is what I should be doing now. However, now I am up in Concord, NH where my parents are packing and moving from to their new house. This month could not be busier.

I am feeling totally stressed out right now with everything going on. I have put some of my work on the back burner, which in grad school is a big No No. My thesis writing advice for this weeks blog includes a moving tip as well:

Moving tip #29:

Don't move and write a thesis at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment